Precise, on the wire incisions for guidewire assisted catheter insertion
GuideBlade—Precision Incisions, Every Time!
About the GuideBlade™
The GuideBlade™ is the only disposable scalpel on the market engineered specifically to streamline over the wire vascular access placement. The GuideBlade™ allows clinicians to perfectly align the dermatotomy incision made during vascular access placement with the in situ guidewire. This alignment prevents misaligned incisions and dermatotomy incision revisions.
Misaligned skin incisions make passage of dilators and catheters difficult and can lead to guidewire kinking and fracture. Revision of incisions may increase the risk of insertion site bleeding, scarring and catheter associated bloodstream infection.
GuideBlade™ Clinical Benefits
- Less insertion site bleeding.
- Maintenance of insertion site skin integrity.
- Decreased risk of catheter bacterial colonization.
- Decreased risk of wire related complications (wire fracture and wire kinking).
- Decreased scarring/improved cosmetic result.
GuideBlade™ In Practice
- Appropriate for use with guidewires up to and including 0.035” diameter.
- Useful for placement in a wide range of venous access devices including central venous catheters, PICC lines, venous introducer sheaths, hemodialysis catheters, and percutaneous ECMO cannulas.
- Particularly useful in procedures placed while wearing protective faceshields where condensation and glare can obscure visualization of the guidewire insertion site.
- Particularly useful in obese or bleeding patients where wire entry site can be obscured by excess soft tissue or entry site bleeding.
- Increased benefit when used by trainees and less experienced practitioners.
The GuideBlade™ Value Proposition
- Decreases the need to replace kit components (like guidewires, dilators or catheters) that are easily damaged by residual skin tags often seen with standard disposable scalpel use.
- Decreases insertion site bleeding, thereby decreases the need for frequent dressing changes.
- Maintains skin integrity and thereby decreases risk of catheter colonization and associated infection.
Find your rep
Area Business Director
Senior Area Business Director
Director, Strategic Accounts
Director, Sales Operations